“Nothing we achieve in this world is achieved alone. It is always achieved with others teaching us along the way.”
American Business Consultant
Yes, there is much to do. We have built pathways and begun sheet mulching to prepare the Phase 1 area for planting in January 2012. We still need to build a shade structure, a shed to store tools, a seating area etc. Do you have special talents or trees that need trimming so you can donate wood chips, or cardboard boxes, or some time?
Here are some items on Wish List, and please feel free to offer your own ideas or unique gifts to our community cause.
We are in need of the following:
– help on workdays, sign up below
– oak tree mulch from tree trimmings
– 5 gallon container of paint and rollers to paint shed
– materials and woodworking expertise to build seating area
– expertise and equipment to set up drip irrigation
– materials to build a shed to store equipment/materials/supplies
– a sink and fittings to create wash-up area
– materials for a drinking fountain/water area
– 6 mil plastic to solarize bermuda grass
JOIN our Volunteer Garden Group!
There are many opportunities to learn about native plants by supporting our Schoolyard Habitat efforts. We will have regularly scheduled workdays in the garden every month after we get the plants in the ground in early 2012. To assist on garden workdays or to assist the students on planting day, please sign up below.
This page has the following sub pages.